Thanks to the advancement in the sonography technology, the job profession of an Ultrasound Technician in the state of California has become much more prospective as well as lucrative than other such medical technician jobs, like the Radiology Technician and X-ray Technician. So, if you are also interested in pursuing this exciting medical profession and thus earn a handsome salary figure of about $57000 to over $85000 per annum, then it is recommended for you to get your ultrasound technician trainings through any of the CAAHEP approved sonography schools in California.
Brief Introduction to the Top 5 Ultrasound Medical Programs In California!
Now, if you have kicked aside the thoughts about enrolling in radiology and X-ray tech online schools and have become confident about wearing the lucrative title of an ultrasound technician, then here are some reputed ultrasound technician schools of California State that you should make yourself acquainted with for the purpose of enrollment.
Note:–There are currently 11 sonography schools in California which have managed to bag the accreditation from the CAAHEP (i.e. Council for Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs). However, at present, 2 of these CAAHEP accredited ultrasound programs in California, namely the Los Angeles based Charles R. Drew University and the Merced based Merced College, are inactive.
1. Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health Sciences
From among the list of CAAHEP accredited sonography schools in California, only the Kaiser Permanente School, which is located in the Richmond region of California, has the provision of running a Bachelor’s degree program.
All other CAAHEP accredited ultrasound schools, at present, only offer either Certificate level program or an Associate’s degree program in DMS. So, if you want to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Sonography, then you would, no doubt, have to enroll in the Kaiser Permanente School.
Appealing Features of the Ultrasound Program Offered By the Kaiser Permanente School:–
Besides the 4 years long Bachelor’s degree ultrasound program, Kaiser also runs a Certificate level sonography program too, which generally takes about 18 months for completion.
Ultrasound-wannabes, who wish to enroll in the Kaiser School, would also get to decide what ultrasound field they would like to specialize in as this sonography school not only offers ultrasound tech training classes on the General Sonography but also on Echocardiography.
Ultrasound physics & instrumentation principles, basics of abdominal & pelvic sonography, patient care and ergonomics are the examples of essential courses that the students would get to cover in these ultrasound programs.
- Address:–938 Marina Way South, Richmond, CA -94804
- Online Address:–www.kpsahs.org
- Phone No.:– 510-231-5049|510-231-4328
2. Loma Linda University
The Loma Linda University, which resides in its namesake region i.e. Loma Linda region of the California state, also runs a CAAHEP approved ultrasound program that prepares the students for the ARDMS certification exam.
Appealing Features of the Ultrasound Program Offered By the Loma Linda University:–
The Loma University is the one and only sonography technician school in California that provides a CAAHEP accredited Certificate level sonography program in all 3 major fields of ultrasound concentration, namely the General Sonography, Cardiac Sonography and Vascular Sonography.
Students are given the alternative to choose between a 24 months long General plus Vascular sonography training program or a 12 months long Cardiac sonography training program.
Recommended Online Ultrasound Technician Schools :
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Associate's
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Healthcare Technology - Associate of Occupational Science
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technology
- IMBA - Healthcare Informatics
- Address:–11234 Anderson St., Nichol Hall A829, Loma Linda, CA-92354
- Online Address:–www.llu.edu
- Phone No.:–909-558-4416 x 82368
3. Cypress College
Residing in the Cypress region of the California State, the Cypress College also runs an ultrasound program, which has got accreditation from the CAAHEP.
Appealing Features of the Ultrasound Program Offered By the Cypress College:–
The ultrasound program run by the Cypress College is a Certificate level program, which can be completed in about 1 and a half year i.e. just 18 months.
During the schooling period of this DMS Certificate level program, the students would be able to explore the subject matters such as abdominal scanning, ethics, sonography, physics, anatomy, pathology and such other courses concerning the General Sonography.
The Cypress College provides the clinical internship to its ultrasound students at a hospital (which is affiliated to this college). There will be shifts in every 9 hours.
Upon the completion of this program, the graduates would be honored with the Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, possessing which makes them eligible to sit for the ARDMS certification exam and get registered.
- Address:–9200 Valley View Street, Cypress, CA-90630
- Online Address:–www.cypresscollege.edu
- Phone No.:–714-484-7283
4. Foothill College
Among the sonogaphy schools in California, the Foothill College is a medical school that has accumulated good reputation for yielding skilled ultrasound technicians. Also, the fact that the Foothill College’s ultrasound tech training program has been favored with the accreditation from the CAAHEP is enough to emphasize how good this ultrasound program really is.
Appealing Features of the Ultrasound Program Offered By the Foothill College:–
The Foothill College not only provides a Certificate level program but also an Associate’s degree program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
While the certificate program is just about 96 units long, the associate’s degree program is a 126 units long ultrasound program.
Both the Certificate level program and the Associate’s degree program are concerned with the General Sonography.
Besides the core sonography courses like physiology, ultrasound physics, patient care and ethics, the ultrasound students of the Cypress College would also get to cover the subject matters concerning obstetrics and gynecology and sectional anatomy.
- Address:–12345 El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills, CA-94022
- Online Address:–www.foothill.edu
- Phone No.:–650-949-7304
5. Platt College Los Angeles (LLC)
For your information, the Platt College, which resides in the Alhambra region of California State, has just recently managed to make its high quality ultrasound tech training program get noticed by the CAAHEP.
Appealing Features of the Ultrasound Program Offered By the Platt College:–
Having bagged the accreditation from CAAHEP, the Platt College’s ultrasound program now provides its graduates the much-wanted eligibility for sitting in the ARDMS certification exam.
Well, the Platt College’s ultrasound program is meant for those ultrasound wannabes who would like to earn an Associate’s Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
During the course of this 2 years long Associate’s degree program, the ultrasound students would get to explore the subject matters concerning the General Sonography field.
- Address:–1000 South Fremont Ave., Suite A9 West, Alhambra, CA-91803
- Online Address:–www.plattcollege.edu
- Phone No.:–626-300-5444