Posts Tagged ‘Place Of Employment’
Ultrasound technician is a lucrative occupation. The pay is really good. And even better, the ultrasound technician trainings do not take long like other medical professions. In just 18 months of training you will become a qualified ultrasound technician ready to work in a hospital, diagnostic labs and other healthcare center and be benefited with an handsome salary. That’s great??Right
According to the latest survey, an ultrasound technician earns from $50,000 to 70,000 annually. However there are many variables that may affect the average salary. One of the obvious variables is the schooling. It is obvious that those who have an excellent educational report will get top priority when it comes to job placement. If the school you attended is not accredited then you may not get an expected salary. The academic performance in the school or program will not only affect your average salary but also affect where you will be able to get a job.
The experience you have on the field will also affect your average salary. If you are new to the field then you will be offered less salary then the one who is old. A third variable can be the locations. The economic status of the location will directly affect your average salary. The place of employment will also affect your average salary. If you are working in a large hospital then your pay will be much more then working in a small physician’s office.
Recommended Online Ultrasound Technician Schools :
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Associate's
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Healthcare Technology - Associate of Occupational Science
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technology
- IMBA - Healthcare Informatics
Another variable that can affect the average income salary is the specialties an ultrasound technician chooses to get into. As the heath industry evolves, there are many specialties an ultrasound technician can choose from. Most common specialties are Obsteric and gynecology sonography, Breast sonography, Neurosonography, Abdominal sonography, Echocardiography, Vascular technology, Ophthalmology, Musculoskeletal sonograhy etc. The ultrasound technician related to these specialties has different salary. They are paid different and are given different additional facilities.
Therefore an ultrasound technician will earn as less as $19 to as much as $27/hour. The annual salary can fluctuate quite a bit but can be expected to be between $$50,000 to 70,000 per year. A well experienced ultrasound technician with excellent educational record can earn $70,000 per year. In addition to the comfortable salary, you may also be provided with facilities like free housing, free transport and medical benefits.
The recent survey shows that the demand for ultrasound technician is increasing rapidly compared to other medical professions. Therefore the employment opportunities in ultrasound technology will be even higher in near future. As most of the patients are trying to find an alternative method for painful surgery and medications, the ultrasound technology can be the better options for them. The hospitals and other medical centers are using the ultrasound technology for different diagnostic purposes. There is a high demand for the ultrasound technician with advance skills and experience. The job satisfaction and competitive pay associated with this field lures many people towards this medical filed. You can create a solid foundation for a rewarding career in the medical field by attending reputable ultrasound technician schools.